{ I'll admit I did not do a stellar job of documenting the 'before' stages of this DIY project. In my defense, I was smack-dab in the middle of wedding season! }

I picked this dress up from the clearance section at Target a few months back. My fashion choices don't often include crazy prints, but I found this one particularly striking, and I loved the colors. The only issue with the dress (and I suspect this was why it was on clearance) was an unsightly black crochet piece at the back. I normally love crochet, but this dress did not need any further embellishment, and it just didn't seem to fit with the style of the dress. In just two steps, I simplified the look by:

1) Carefully cutting out the crochet piece without snipping the dress fabric, and

2) Treating the raw edges left behind with just a smidge of fray check to keep it polished.

Easy-peasy, and no sewing required! It's a bit difficult to see in the photos due to the busy print, but there is now a clean U-shaped cutout at the back. Much more sophisticated, I think!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!

Share it: