DIY | FRINGE CARDIGAN






cardigan | Target via thredUP, refashioned by me
top | Target (old) | simple | similar
shorts | American Eagle via thredUP | similar | distressed
sandals | Target | exact in neon | similar in gold

Well friends, as I promised in last week's post, here is my DIY fringe tutorial. It's quick and easy, and I hope you have as much fun with it as I did!

SKILL LEVEL
Beginner

YOU NEED
- an old cardigan or other item of clothing
- a length of fringe trim from your local craft store
- sewing needle
- thread that matches your fringe
- pins
- hot glue gun (optional)
- sewing machine (optional)

STEP 1
Take one end of your fringe trim and begin pinning along your garment as desired. Be sure to tuck the end of your trim underneath itself to secure it and prevent unraveling.

STEP 2
When you have reached the opposite edge of your garment, tuck the end of the trim underneath itself just like you did in Step 1 and pin.

STEP 3
According to your preference, fasten the fringe to the garment using hand stitching, machine stitching, or a hot glue gun. Pay extra attention to the ends of your trim. Tie off your thread or let the glue dry, and you're done!

TIPS
- Instead of applying the fringe to the very bottom of my cardigan, I allowed some overlap for a more fluid (and less stringy) look.
- When selecting your fringe, make sure that it has a great drape to it and is not too heavy or stiff.
- Try to match your trim to your garment for a more subtle look, otherwise go for a contrasting color to make a statement.

Let me know if you're planning on trying out fringe this season - I'd love to hear about it! And as always, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Enjoy the rest of your week!


Thanks for stopping by!





Labels: , , ,