DIY | HOW TO REMOVE ANKLE ZIPPERS FROM JEANS


necklace | ADF Boutique | exact
top | Target (old) | exact* | lacy version*
cardigan | Target | exact
jeans | Joe's Jeans via thredUP (refashioned by me)
flats | Target | exact

*ethical shopping option

I was so excited about refashioning and wearing these jeans that I forgot to take a 'before' picture - sorry! But these ones look very similar.

I think ankle-zip jeans are cute, but they're only wearable under specific circumstances: they have to be the perfect length, and you're not able to cuff/roll them. At 5'1" it is rare that I find pants that are the perfect length for me, so when I scored these on clearance I knew that a few adjustments would have to be made.

YOU NEED
-ankle-zip skinny jeans
-seam ripper
-sewing machine
-matching thread
-serger (optional)

STEP 1
Take a seam ripper and carefully take out all of the stitches attaching the zippers to the jeans.

STEP 2
Turn the jeans inside-out (if you haven't already), line up the edges at the bottom of each pant leg and pin together.

STEP 3
Using a sewing machine, carefully sew the edges that you just pinned together, following the crease left by the seam allowances. Fasten off.

STEP 4 (optional)
Finish the raw edges with a zigzag stitch or serger. At this point, you can hem the jeans to your desired length if necessary (I haven't done this yet, so the excess material was rolled underneath for this photo).

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!


Thanks for stopping by!





Labels: