Hello, dears! I apologize for my absence in blog land this past week; apparently wedding planning is its own part-time job. It's crazy to think we've suddenly got only 4 months to go! Where has the time gone?
As I've been working on really honing down my wardrobe to the essentials and pieces that make me feel amazing (aka a capsule wardrobe), I thought I'd let you in on my process a bit. I took a slightly more structured approach this season, which I think was a success! I don't remember the last time I was this excited about getting dressed each morning, and I really feel like I have versatile pieces that work for me and for my lifestyle.
Take a peek!
- I divided it up into three (roughly) proportional categories to reflect my current lifestyle
- I stuck pretty closely to my color palette, but I do have a couple of exceptions
- I own the majority of these pieces already, so my primary focus in shopping this spring was/is filling in the gaps
- I chose not to include : jeans/pants (since I consider them seasonless and pretty much wear them all year round), outerwear, undergarments, accessories, or shoes. I wanted to keep the process fairly simple and focus on the basic elements of a functional closet
- While this is my official Spring/Summer capsule, I may occasionally tap into my fall and winter clothes if the Minnesota weather requires something more substantial
- I do have a couple of extra dresses in addition to the ones listed. With all of the wedding-related events going on this summer, I thought it'd be good to have some options
Feel free to follow on Instagram to see how I'm remixing my wardrobe this spring
Do you have a seasonal wardrobe strategy? What's your take?
Thanks for stopping by!