REFASHION : OLD T-SHIRT TO TRENDY, GATSBY-INSPIRED TOP

I wasn't a big fan of the new film version of The Great Gatsby, but I loved the twenties-inspired and art deco-inspired trends that stemmed from it! I don't often buy into trends, but equipped with an old tee past its prime and an assortment of sequins and beads that I've randomly acquired over the years, I was ready to give this one a shot:

Before


After



Details


I found a great website that shows you how to sew on sequins using the chain stitch here. I kind of planned the design as I went, but if you take on a similar project, I would highly recommend sketching it out beforehand (it will save you so much time, and your results will probably be better). Nevertheless, I think it turned out pretty well, and now this old shirt has a fresh new look that considerably elevates its status in my wardrobe.

Labels: