1) black capris (exact) : Modcloth, $38.99 (includes shipping)
2) neutral ballet flats (exact) : Target, $16.14 (discounted)
3) pants for shorts refashion (exact) : thrifted, $6.99
4) pants for shorts refashion (similar) : thrifted, $8.99
5) white tees (2) (exact) : Everlane, $30.00 (free shipping)
6) white jeans for cropped pants refashion (similar) : consignment shop, $19.50 (50% off)
7) chain necklace : thrifted, $14.00
8) statement necklace (exact) : Charming Charlie, $22.11 (clearance, includes shipping)
9) turtleneck : thrifted, $1.00 (discounted)
TOTAL = $157.72
(I was also in need of a new purse, which was a purchase that I was planning on saving for my fall list until I received an unexpected financial gift from relatives. $41.20 went towards this cognac bucket bag (local boutique, discounted), and the rest went into my bank account. I did not include the bag in my budget since the money was a gift. That makes sense, right?)
The bad news? I was $7.72 over my $150.00 budget for the summer. The good news? Now I get to enjoy remixing my new summer pieces with what I have (minus the turtleneck, which was a pre-purchase for fall) and don't have to worry about shopping until October! Mixed feelings about that, but mostly just feeling relieved. Honestly, I'm not too surprised that I went a bit over budget, since I haven't really done any serious summer shopping since high school. Let me tell you, I was DEFINITELY in need of an upgrade.
Thank you for reading, and enjoy the rest of your week!
Linking up with: Budgeting Bloggers
Feel free to share this post if it tickles your fancy!